Ever wonder what to do with all the "stuff" many of our children outgrow? Our Mom2Mom Sale can help take some of that "stuff" off your hands and you may make (or save) some money at the same time. The Mom2Mom Sale, run much like a large garage sale, allows you to sell your new and gently used children's items.
The sale will feature hundreds of tables filled with children's gently used clothing, maternity clothing, toys, books, nursery furniture and other necessities. There is also a large item area where you can find strollers, swings, high chairs, cribs and other large toys and furniture.
Saturday, April 28, 2012 -- 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Friday, April 27: 2-6 p.m. set-up; 6-8 p.m. sellers' pre-sale
Allen County Fairgrounds
FREE admission for shoppers
• Quantity of shoppers: When was the last time you had more than 1,000 people show up for your garage sale?
• No need to advertise: We use newspapers and our website to advertise this sale for you!
• You will not get rained out: Our sale will be at the Allen County Fairgrounds inside the enclosed buildings.
• Make more money: As a seller you keep 100 percent of what you make. The only thing you pay for is the table.
• Pre-shop the sale: You have the perk of shopping from the other sellers before doors open to the public the next day.
• Floor space for Moms (8 x 10) and one 8-foot table provided (rack and shelving units are not provided): $25
• Large Item Entry: $1 per entry or proportionate to the price ($10-20 item = $2; $21-30 = $3; etc.) No holding items -- must leave space upon purchase.
• Non-space renters can place big items for sale in the Large Item section for $10 for the first two items and $2 for every additional item.
• Floor space for Crafters (8 x 10) and one 8-foot table provided (rack and shelving units are not provided): $40
Floor space for Home Based businesses (8 x 10) and one 8-foot table provided (rack and shelving units are not provided): $125
• Click here to dowload the registration form or call 461-8500, option 1.
We will happily refund your registration fee if you are not able to make the sale, as long as we are given seven days notice prior to the sale date. There will be a $10 fee for all cancellations.
• Children's clothing sizes must be from newborn through children's size 16.
• Up to two people will be allowed in your space/area and it is recommended to allow one person a break time.
• You should not accept or take personal checks.
The Mom2Mom Sale is dedicated to giving back to the community. Goodwill will be available to pick up any unsold items following the close of the sale at 2 p.m.
• Get there EARLY! Some people will stand in line for more than an hour before the sale opens.
• Bring a friend. That way you can split up and look for all the "good deals" or "hot items."
• Make sure you bring enough CASH and in small bills! Checks will not be accepted.
• Consider renting your own table. If you have a table, you get to pre-shop before the sale opens to the public.
• Visit our Big Ticket Item Room FIRST for strollers, swings, bikes and more as these items usually go fast!
• Even when strollers are allowed, these sales can be really crowded.
• Bring a large tote-bag to carry your purchases. Table-renters may run out of bags or only have small bags.
• Make sure you clean out the trunk of your car. You never know what you may find!
• Don't be afraid to make an offer on an item!
• Check items very carefully! All sales are final. Make sure that buttons aren't missing and zippers work.
• If you anticipate purchasing a large item and will be unable to carry it yourself, please bring someone with you who can help. You are responsible for loading items.
• New Consumer Product Safety Regulations: Please be aware of the new Consumer Product Safety Regulations recently enacted by Congress. These new regulations do not require our sellers to certify their used items are lead compliant, however the Consumer Product Safety Commission does encourage all shoppers of resale items to be especially cautious of recalled children's products, particularly cribs and play yards; children's products that may contain lead paint; toys that are flimsy or may easily be broken into small parts; toys that lack the required age warnings; and dolls and stuffed toys that have buttons or other small parts that are not securely fastened and could present a choking hazard for young children. We would encourage you to check the list of current recalls for any items you may be shopping for at this sale.
• The sale organizers (Fort Wayne Newspapers) are not responsible for any items sold or purchased at this sale.
• Make sure you have plenty of $1 bills and change. You are responsible for transactions made at your table.
• Don't leave your money accessible to the general public.
• Make sure you allow plenty of time to set-up your table(s) in an organized manner. Participants who arrive after 10 a.m. the day of the sale (Saturday) will not be allowed to participate and will not receive a refund.
• Buyers will try to negotiate. It is up to you if you want to discount items. You do not have to take anything less than your asking price. Just remember you are selling used items and will not get new retail prices for them. If you do not wish to negotiate prices, you must provide a sign stating so.
• If you have items displayed under the table, make sure signs are easy to see and get to, but they must stay out of the aisles for safety reasons.
• Categorize (with signs) your items by size and sex. Also try to have them clearly priced.
• Make sure that your items are CLEAN and if there are defects make sure they are clearly marked.
• If you have a rack, make sure that it fits within the space you have reserved and that it is secure.
• 2 & 3 piece outfits should be hooked together with tape, safety pins or put in a lock-type bag.
• One helper per table is allowed. If you don't have a helper with you, you can flag down an organizer or most fellow participates are more than willing to help their neighbor.
• Participants must stay the entire sale (8 a.m.-2 p.m.) Saturday. PLEASE do not start to pack up more than 15 minutes before the end of the sale. The organizers have advertised the sale will be open during those hours.
• You are responsible for unloading and loading your vehicle.
• Large items that do not fit in your booth area must be sold in our "Large Items" area.
• Table assignments are assigned randomly.
• Anything new or used that is baby, child or maternity related.
• Hand-made items as long at they are baby, child or maternity related.
• Your own shelf or rack as long as it fits in your space.
• Crafters $40 -- as long as you sell family oriented items.
• Home-based businesses will be charged $125.
What's NOT allowed:
• No promoting a business in the selling area unless you are an official Sponsor.
• No consumable (food, beverage, formula, OTC meds) sales.
• Clothing above a child size 16.
• No additional tables brought into your space, unless they are 8 feet or smaller.