Cancer Services seeks T-shirt designer for Lapper event
Cancer Services seeks T-shirt design submissions for its annual Lapper and Survivors Day fundraiser and celebration. Lapper and Survivors Day is an annual fundraising walk and celebration held at Brotherhood Place Office Park to support those affected by cancer in northeast Indiana. People are encouraged to bring a friend, form a team and walk as many laps as they can. This year’s event will take place on Saturday, May 18. Cancer Services has sponsored the official local celebration of National Cancer Survivors Day since its inception. It is a celebration of life for all those who have survived cancer. Survivors include people who have been affected by the cancer diagnosis, like family members and friends.
For more information about the contest, visit www.cancer-services.org/teeshirtcontest.
• Goal: To create a unique graphic representation for our 11th Annual Lapper & Survivors Day
• A t-shirt will be given to Lapper & Survivors Day participants and sponsors so your design should be one that appeals to the majority of the participants. The design should capture the essence of the cancer community.
• Designs may include line art and text but no photographs.
• Your design is for the front of the shirt and may encompass an area up to 8.5 x 8.5.
• The design must be your own original, unpublished work and must not include any third-party logos or copyrighted material. By entering the competition, you agree that your submission is your own work.
Submitting an Entry
• Digital entries only. High-resolution vector art in .ai or eps format. All fonts must be converted to outlines. There should be no embedded images (jpg, tif, bmp). Colors should be Pantone spot colors with no half-tones. Photoshop files will not be accepted.
• Submit artwork to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Deadline to submit design: Friday, March 8, 2013
The Fine Print
• Maximum of one entry per person.
• Submissions are screened by the CSNI staff for merit and feasibility; finalists will be posted to the Cancer Services of Northeast Indiana website for voting.
• Selection process: Will narrow to three designs for online voting.
• CSNI reserves the right to make changes to the winning design before printing, including changes in image size or ink color or t-shirt color.
• By submitting your design, you grant permission for your design to be used by Cancer Services of Northeast Indiana including, but not limited to, the event website, the 2013 Lapper t-shirt and future marketing materials.
• By submitting your design, artist acknowledges he/she owns all proprietary rights, including copyrights, to the design of a certain original graphic work created for this Lapper T-shirt contest.
• Cancer Services of Northeast Indiana reserves the right to final decision.
• The winning design will be announced in early April.
About Cancer Services of Northeast Indiana
Cancer Services’ mission is to enhance the quality of life of those affected by cancer by providing meaningful resources, information and compassionate assistance. Last year, more than 2,400 local people with cancer and their families received emotional support and practical resources for their cancer journey. Cancer Services of Northeast Indiana helps people who live in Allen, Adams, DeKalb, Huntington, Kosciusko, LaGrange, Noble, Steuben, Wabash, Wells, and Whitley counties.
For more information, visit www.cancer-services.org, or call toll free (866) 484-9560.